IPL by Lumenis in Rancho Mirage, CA
Intense Pulsed Light (abbreviated IPL) describes the use of intense pulses of non-coherent light distributed over a range of wavelengths; from 515nm to 1200nm.
The technology utilizes specific wavelength ranges to target various chromophores in the skin. This enables effective treatment of a broad spectrum of conditions, including vascular and pigmented lesions, skin photoaging treatments and hair removal.
What Conditions Does IPL Treat?
- Young patients with milder degrees of sun damage or early aging changes
- Unwanted Freckles
- Pigment Changes/Sun Damage or Aging Skin
- Fine Lines
- Enlarged Pores
- Ruddy Skin Appearances (“Dyschromia”) – rosacea, redness of the chest and neck
- Rejuvenation of skin of the face, neck, chest, shoulders, arms or hands
- Telangiectasia (broken capillaries)
- Hyperpigmentation or brown spots
Find out additional information about Skin Rejuvenation.
How Does IPL Work?
Broad spectrum pulsed light is transmitted through a continuously cooled applicator, gently placed over the skin. Cut-off filters in the handpiece change the range of wavelengths, optimizing it for different applications and skin types. The light penetrates the tissue and is absorbed by either the relevant chromophores and damages them (blood chromophores when treating vascular lesions and melanin chromophores when treating pigmented lesions). The body’s natural processes then clear the lesion debris, giving the skin a more even and youthful appearance.
The Lumenis IPL Solution
Lumenis offers a unique IPL solution with optimal efficacy, safety and ease of use.
- Optimal Pulse Technology (OPT) gives users the ability to control the pulse shape. It provides reproducible results as well as gentler, more comfortable treatments.
- Universal handpiece with six Expert Filters enables treatment of a myriad of conditions with a single, versatile and cost-effective hand-piece.