The most important factors in the success of cosmetic surgery are the education, skills, natural talent, and artistry of your plastic surgeon. Dr. Mark Sofonio has dedicated his professional life to the advancement of the art of plastic surgery and is known for achieving refreshed, natural-looking results.
Dr. Sofonio has also completed several post-residency fellowships. He supervised a Burn Unit/Wound Care Center at the Medical College of New York. He also underwent advanced cosmetic surgery training from some of the world’s foremost aesthetic surgeons at the Connell Aesthetic Surgery Institute, where he mastered some of the latest, most advanced surgical techniques.
Dr. Sofonio is board certified by the American Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He has published and lectured extensively in the field of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
He is a member of numerous professional organizations, including:
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Burn Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Cosmetic Surgery
Dr. Sofonio previously served as Section Chief of the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for nearly a decade at Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, California.