What is Dermapen?
- Dermapen uses electronically controlled micro-needles to stimulate new collagen and rejuvenation of skin.
- Needles are precisely controlled to move to a set depth and at a set speed.
- The skin heals quickly with a minimum of side effects to smooth acne scars, wrinkles and other skin texture problems.
- Can be used in all skin types and colors.
Benefits of Dermapen Treatment
- skin tightening, lifting, rejuvenating
- acne scar remodeling
- fine wrinkle reduction
- stretch mark flattening and smoothing
- traumatic scar remodeling
- Topical numbing cream applied prior to treatment to minimize discomfort.
- Anti-aging serum is applied during the treatment to enhance effects.
- Aftercare regimen is prescribed, including recommended sun protection.
How many treatments are necessary to achieve a good response?
Improvement is seen with each treatment but a series of 3-5 treatments is best to achieve optimal results.
How far apart are treatments done?
Dermapen treatments can be repeated every 4-6 weeks.
Is Dermapen safe for darker skin types?
Since no melanin-absorbing laser and no heat are involved, the Dermapen is relatively safer than lasers, such as IPL, for darker skin types.
Who performs the treatments?
One of our physician assistants or nurse practitioners will perform your treatment.
Is Dermapen painful?
Dermapen uses very fine needles and is relatively comfortable. A topical numbing cream is all that is needed.
How long is each treatment?
For a face, each treatment is 30 to 60 minutes.
How is Dermapen different than a needle roller?
Needle rollers also use needles for skin resurfacing but are often too large and unwieldy for tight areas. They are also dependent on hand pressure, so the depth of penetration varies depending on the the amount of pressure exerted and the softness of the skin, while the Dermapen depth of penetration is set precisely with an electronic dial. There is also lateral trauma to the skin when the needles on a roller pull out of the skin as the wheel turns. This does not happen with the Dermapen, which relies only on vertical needle action.
What are the immediate after-effects?
There is redness and very minimal bleeding.
To find out any additional information about Skin Rejuvenation – click here.